Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most common questions that crop up regarding The Night Yard and our events.
- Exclusive use of the venue from 09:00am on the day of your event until the time as specified in your Confirmation of Booking email. Friday and Saturday dates have access until 11:30pm and midweek dates have access until 11:00pm
- Accommodate receptions up to 240 people (140 day guests and an additional 100 evening guests). We also offer bespoke packages for larger weddings
- Onsite venue coordination
- Choice of two designated ceremony areas (Under the Eaves and The Glasshouse)
- The Gallery
- The Snug
- Toilet and cloakroom facilities
- Vintage ‘chill out’ corner
- Fully staffed, stocked and licensed bar
- Fully licensed wedding venue
- Guest Wi-Fi
- Stunning Glasshouse with festoon lighting, oak flooring, dimmable bespoke lighting with room for formal dining for up to 140 guests
- 12 variegated decorative trees in rustic wooden baskets
- Vintage cake table
- Cake Knife
- 6ft round tables and 6ft x 3ft trestle tables available
- Chiavari chairs with velvet cream seat pads
- Wooden folding ceremony chairs
- Outdoor furniture
- Grass courtyard
- Great photographic opportunities with Bertie our vintage tractor and in the apple orchards
- Overnight storage facilities
- Car parking for up to 80 cars
- Indoor and outdoor power sockets
- Fantastic sound system throughout the venue
- Wireless microphone for speeches is available on request
- Well-behaved pets welcome at the owner’s responsibility
- The venue hire charge includes pre-wedding meetings.
Where can my ceremony be held?
- We have two licensed ceremony areas; Under the Eaves and The Glasshouse. Unlike many other venues, we do not charge an additional ceremony fee (KCC costs apply). We set-up the ceremony seating and remove it afterwards at no extra cost.
- Alternatively, if you would like to get married off-site then you are welcome to book us for your reception. The Night Yard is in close proximity to many beautiful churches.
- More information on Notice of Marriage and Ceremony fees charged by KCC can be found at www.akentishceremony.com.
How long do I have exclusive use of the venue for?
The venue is exclusively available to you from 09:00 – 23:00 (Monday – Thursday) or 09:00 – 23:30 (Friday and Saturday) on the day of your wedding. This is subject to licensing regulations and any restrictions on your chosen date.
When can I set up?
The venue is exclusively available to you from 09:00 on the day of your event.
With some trusted family members or friends, and us on hand to help, The Night Yard will be looking exactly how you want it by the time your guests arrive!
How can I style the venue?
The beauty of The Night Yard is that you can decorate it however you wish – we provide the canvas, you provide the paint! There are numerous styling opportunities; cable ties and blue tack may be used, but we do not allow screws, nails or staple guns. If you need any help or inspiration, we are on hand to help!
All items used for styling must be removed from the venue by 15 minutes after the end of your event. We suggest you make arrangements for a small group of designated guests from your wedding party to help with this in order to speed up the process!
Can I use and move The Night Yard furniture?
Yes, absolutely! You may use and move all of the furniture that we have on site (except for our vintage tractor Bertie).
All we ask is that it is all returned to its original place by the end of your event.
Are you wheelchair friendly?
We pride ourselves on being accessible to all!
We have designated parking spaces close to the the main entrance, the venue is all on one level so it’s easy to get around and we have a Disabled WC.
Is catering included?
Catering is not included in the hire price for the venue. However, we have a list of Handpicked Suppliers who we work closely with.
Whether you would like a traditional 3 course wedding breakfast or a relaxed BBQ, we are certain that you will find what you desire with our caterers. Please see our Catering tab under the Weddings heading on our website for more information.
Do you have an in-house bar?
We have a fantastic onsite bar which will be fully stocked and staffed on your day. We also have a comprehensive Drinks Package which can be completely customised to suit you!
We do not allow any drinks purchased off – site to be brought into the venue.
When can my suppliers set up?
Suppliers have access to The Night Yard from 09:00am on the day of your event to set up.
It is the supplier’s responsibility to ensure that all of their own items are removed from the venue at the end of the hire period.
Do you have a sound system?
The Night Yard’s sound system allows you to play background music throughout your day.
Additionally, we have a portable PA system with two microphones which is suitable for the ceremony and speeches.
How do I get to The Night Yard
The Night Yard is located on Highland Court Farm. On arrival to Highland Court, please follow the signs to The Night Yard car park. The postcode for our venue is CT4 5HW.
Our country roads are suitable for coaches and double-decker buses.
Can I leave my car overnight?
Yes, you certainly can! All guest’s and supplier’s cars may be left in the car park until 11am the day after your event.
Can I get a taxi to and from the venue?
There are many local taxis firms situated in Canterbury and we are very happy to advise if required. We suggest that guests book their return taxis 15 minutes in advance of the end of your wedding to ensure all guests vacate The Night Yard by the time specified on your contract.
Do you allow smoking?
Smoking is permitted outside, but not inside The Night Yard’s buildings or in proximity to The Night Yard Bar.
Can I access the surrounding orchards?
Access to the Orchards is only available to the couple getting married.
We ask that guests do not access the orchards as we are on a working farm.
Can I bring my pets?
Absolutely, we are a pet-friendly venue! All we ask is that any mess must be cleared up and that the owner takes full responsibility for their pet/pets throughout the event.
Do you allow confetti?
Of course – nothing beats those post ‘I do’ confetti shots! As we are an environmentally conscience venue, we only allow the use of natural petal confetti at The Night Yard. Any other forms of confetti will not be permitted .
Can I have candles?
Candles of any type are permitted if they are within an appropriate container. The container must be taller than the height of the flame.
Freestanding / exposed candles will not be permitted.